Jul 26, 2009

The Blood Bank


Last night I went to a concert where a man played the cello. His name was Dr. Beat or Beato. He used his talents with his instrument to raise money for a children's hospital. He asked that the older people donate money and the younger ones donate blood. The hospital is free. So poor Cambodians don't have to worry if they will be able to get their medical attention. The hospital was started by 16 foreigners and is still being ran by Beato today. I was touched by this man's passion and how he used something as simple as playing a cello to help people. I was so touched that I wanted to help. So I decided to donate blood.


This was my nurse. She was very nice.


Here is me giving blood. The building was surprisingly clean and I watched to make sure she got me a clean needle. She did. I have an A positive blood type. They gave me a t-shirt and some vitamins and I was done.

0 comments: